Job Number: WE090502
Web Editor (2 positions)
Location: Washington, DC
6+ months starting June 15, 2009.
1. Researching, creating, writing, and editing texts for electronic-based communication
2. Maintaining the information hub and coordinating versions in all four languages
(English, Spanish, Portuguese, and French).
3. Proofreading in English and Spanish.
4. Coordinating web content changes with Portuguese and French editors.
5. Selecting photographs/images, editing, captioning, and cropping them for Web display.
6. Uploading Web pages and sites to the production environment as needed.
Education: Master’s degree in journalism, marketing, communications, business, or
other related field
Experience: Minimum of two years’ experience as a Web Editor/Writer
1. Samples of excellent writing/editing, for digital use.
2. Solid understanding of current industry standards and techniques for digital content
creation required; knowledge of best practices for Search Engine Optimization and
online lead development strategies desired.
3. Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint.
4. Knowledge of Web site development software, including the Adobe Macromedia Suite
(Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat PDF Writer), and basic HTML.
5. Reporting, writing, editing, and translation skills.
6. Superior attention to detail.
Language: Proficiency in English and Spanish; Knowledge of Portuguese or French a
1. Ability to think critically and creatively, and to express ideas effectively both orally and in
2. Strong teamwork orientation and effective communication skills.
3. Knowledge of macroeconomic and development issues.
Please send your resume only if your skills match the ones above, .
Click here to email your resume
Zeavran is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer, that complies with the provisions of the
Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace
© Copyright Zeavran, Inc.